Saturday, October 18, 2008

Biden addresses Palin in New Mexico


As you may or may not know Sarah Palin told donors in North Carolina on Wednesday night that she enjoys visiting "pro-America" parts of the country. Giving the strong implication that North Carolina is "pro-American" and other parts of the country are ..., in other words more divisive garbage from the McCain/Palin ticket. I swear they want to tear this country apart after they lose. It is very frustrating for me to hear this.

So it was very good to hear Joe Biden respond to Palin's comments while campaigning in New Mexico.
"It's disappointing, and I hope it was just a slip on her part and she doesn't really mean it," Biden told supporters. "But she said, it was reported she said, that she likes to visit "pro-American" parts of the country. Ladies and gentlemen, I, like your senator and governor, have been all over this great land. I've never been to a state, I've never been to a state that hasn't sent its sons and daughters to serve and die for this country.... One of the reasons why Barack and I are running is that we know how damaging the politics of division [is] that continues to be practiced by the McCain campaign, how damaging this policy of division has been for Americans over the last decade. It's time to put this behind us."

No comments: