Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rep Bachmann tries to walk backward


Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) came to fame with this interview on Hardball, where she called for a McCarthyistic purge of Anti-American members of Congress and calling Obama, Biden and Liberal members of Congress Anti-American. Now she is trying to walk backwards with this interview at Politico. My favorite quote:

Despite the way the blogs and the Democratic Party are spinning it, I never called all liberals anti-American, I never questioned Barack Obama’s patriotism, and I never asked for some House Un-American Activities Committee witch hunt into my colleagues in Congress.


Unfortunately Rep Bachmann forgets that youtube has immortalized her words. Chris Matthews even gave here a chance to back off from her original statements. She managed to really wedge her foot deep. I don't think she will be able to break free of her incredible stupidity.

I can't remember the source but I find it very heartening that accusing Obama of being anti-American has such a huge backlash. Her opponent has raised $640k since the comments. That is 3/4 of the total amount he has raised throughout his entire campaign. This woman is now running scared.

No comments: