Monday, November 3, 2008

Cycling update - personal goals

From Corsa Test Ride

With the new Corsa getting built for me at Angle Lake Cyclery I have been preparing for 2009 cycling with it. One of my major goals is long distance cycling. Club and charity rides like the STP are one way to rack up long distance rides but I also want to do smaller, more self-supported rides. So I am joining Seattle International Randonneurs and Randonneurs USA. This provides me access to all the rides that SIR runs which is quite a bit. I also joined Cascade Cycle Club, which is good for the STP.

I will send the RUSA paperwork out today and wait for the SIR paperwork as SIR uses calendar years for their membership duration and I want to get it for 2009. Once I get this done I can do brevets to qualify for the awards and potentially the PBP. I believe I will attempt the Super Randonneur award, which involves doing at least one of the 200k, 300k, 400k and 600k brevets. The 600k looks like it will be a stretch but hey, that is what goals are for.

No comments: