Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My first recumbent race is only 10 days away.


On Memorial Day weekend I will be at the Oregon Human Powered Challenge at Portland International Raceway. I signed up for the races because, well, why not? The events listed are:
  • Individual Time Trial
  • 1/8 Mile Drag Race
  • Auto Cross Speed & Agility Course
  • 200 Meter All Out Speed Test
  • Mass Start Road Race


I signed up for everything in the stock category. My raptobike is not faired at this time and so qualifies for stock. Probably the best category for me as I will be racing against others with just a bare bike. All of the other categories have quite a bit of time and money invested in them. My goals for this are modest. I don't wish to finish last. I am eagerly awaiting the event as it should be quite a blast.

No comments: